About this course
Hello and welcome to another Self Tape Academy Challenge. This time its the Comedy workout!
As we move into a new world where auditions with the casting director are going to become a thing of the past and self-taping is going to be the way of the future, now is the time to get camera ready! Become a self-tape king or queen.
Take the opportunity of getting yourself camera ready!!!
Look around you, we are living in a new world that isn't going to change back to what you knew very quickly. This new world is where everyone is having to be more hands-on. We are having to do more and more self-promotion in this new digital age, and everyone needs to keep up or be left behind. We aren't leaving anyone behind in this course!!!!
The benefits for this are HUGE! As actors, we now get to audition for international work and we can submit to casting directors as never before.
What Is the 7 Day Self Tape Challenge?
The Self Tape Academy has created a number of online courses designed to help actors be on top of their game. First you'll learn the basics of doing a great self tape and then every day during the 7 days you’ll learn a new script, shoot your self-tape, upload it to the academy and share it with your fellow actors.
The 7 day self tape challenge is .....
- Suitable for age 18 and over
- This course takes place over 7 days.
- It starts on a Monday and finishes on a Sunday.
- no more than 20 students per course.
How Does The 7 Day Self Tape Challenge Work?
- Firstly....You need a phone or some sort of recording device and you will need to learn how to light your room, shoot a video and then upload an MP4 file
- On Day 1 you learn how to use our platform and record your first introduction self-tape and you will receive your first script.
- Then at midnight each day, you get a new script and a place to upload your video from the day before.
- Each day you will learn a script
- Shoot and Edit that video
- Upload to Ruzuku. Rinse and Repeat for 7 days
You’ll gain confidence through the practice of recording self-tapes, get insight from watching other self tapes, and receive valuable feedback on your work from fellow actors.
What is the daily time commitment to this course?
I don't know how to answer this but....
You will need to learn a script (maybe 1 hour to 2 depending on how quickly you learn scripts)
Shoot, Edit and Upload to the website (if you have set up your studio on day 1, know how to add a slate also learned on day 1, know your script and you don't make any mistakes maybe 1 hour)
What kind of material will you receive?
Each day you’ll receive a different scene/script, as well as tips, tricks, and resources along the way.
Should I do this course?
Yes! You will become more skilled as an actor, you can collaborate with fellow actors, get feedback and end up with a skill that will last a lifetime and potentially get you the role of your dreams.
Best of all you will have a lot of fun doing it!
We sincerely hope you enjoy this course.
Self Tape Academy